Have you had a professional service technician inspect and service your gas fireplace within the last year? Keeping it in good condition is essential not only for safety and efficiency, but it will also lengthen its lifespan. Although gas fireplaces don’t create smoke in the same way as wood-burning fireplaces, they still require regular cleaning to guard against dust and debris buildup in the components. By having your gas fireplace serviced and inspected annually, you can avoid unexpected repair costs and enjoy a warm and inviting atmosphere all winter long.
What You Can Expect During a Professional Gas Fireplace Cleaning
- The first step in fireplace cleaning – the technician will remove the glass on the front and clean both sides thoroughly removing any residue on the inside.
- Next, the interior logs will be removed and cleaned while the base of the fireplace is wiped down.
- After that, the technician will clean the interior liner and clean the pilot assembly and ensure it is functioning correctly.
- The flue and exhaust will be inspected to ensure there are no obstructions.
- Next, the logs will be reset and new glowing embers will be added to give the unit a fresh, new look.
- The glass will then be set back into place and the fireplace will be fired up and tested.
- Finally, the technician will visually inspect the flame and interior to ensure it looks as good as new!
If you have a gas log set, the trained technicians will give them a thorough clean, check the pilot assembly and venting for safe and proper operation, and add new glowing embers to the rock bed at the base of the log set to give it a fresh look.Keeping your gas fireplace running efficiently and safely requires an annual inspection and cleaning from a certified technician. Colony has the expertise you need to keep your Cedar Rapids, IA home comfortable all year round. We will run critical tests and inspect all components of your gas appliance, allowing us to spot any potential issues early on and help you avoid costly repairs. Contact us today and let our heating service department schedule your fireplace inspection. Trust the experts at Colony Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to keep your gas fireplace glowing and your home warm.